New report examines market for alternative investments in Europe
Dublin-based Research and Markets has added a new survey, 'Alternative Investments for Private Clients in Europe 2005' to its research offering.
This strategic insight report presents the findings of the European Alternative Investments Survey, conducted among nearly 100 of Europe's asset managers, including the drivers behind and barriers to growth of alternative investments across Europe.
The new report covers hedge funds, capital protected and structured products, private equity/venture capital investments and property investments while customer segments covered include mass market, high net worth and institutional clients. The countries studied are France, UK, Germany, Italy and Spain.
According to the new report, virtually all asset managers agree that alternative investments are being actively promoted by their industry. As a result, wealth managers are increasingly making alternative investments an important part of their offering to private clients.
In addition, regulatory restrictions on hedge funds are the number one barrier to take-up of that asset class among all customer segments (mass market, mass affluent and high net worths), whereas high net worth's lack of understanding of private equity is considered the main barrier to take-up of that investment type.
Investment performance is one of the most important motivators in wealth management; strong performance is the main driver for staying, and weak performance is the main driver for leaving.
The aim of the new report is to provide a unique picture of the market for alternative investments in Europe based on the views of Europe's premier asset managers, and to offer an understanding of the key success factors required to succeed in the market for alternative investments, as well as giving an insight into the strategic options for developing an alternative investment offering based on target market, scale, profitability and in-house capability.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location