Hardt Group sets up new Luxembourg alternative investments platform
Hardt Group has launched Hardt Group Securities SA, an innovative Luxembourg-based, alternative investment securitisation vehicle.
Set-up and sponsored by Hardt Group Investments AG Vienna, Hardt Group Securities' first issue of junior and senior instruments linked to a portfolio of alternative investments took place on 31 October. The new vehicle is designed as a securitisation umbrella company under the new Luxembourg law.
By establishing an open issuing programme linked to various asset classes --called Astrax -- with ring-fenced investment pools providing independent investment characteristics and rules, Hardt Group took advantage of the attractive legal, regulatory and tax framework for Luxembourg securitisation vehicles.
The unique legal structure has been developed together with the international law firm Linklaters. The vehicle is administered by HSBC in Luxembourg.
"Astrax enables investors to access a wide pool of extraordinary investment opportunities," says Dr Alexander Schweickhardt, CEO & Principal of Hardt Group. "The targeted asset class includes alternative investments like hedge funds, CDOs, and real estate, as well as non-financial markettypes of exposures. Investors can either benefit from a broad diversification of the underlying assets or receive a highly focused investment. Clients can also create their own tax optimised risk-return profile by applying various levels of leverage."
For more information on European Distribution for Hedge Funds please click here
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location