Sangita Uberoi joins Charlemagne as Senior PortfolioManager
Emerging markets investment management specialist Charlemagne Capital has appointed Sangita Uberoi as Senior Asian Portfolio Manager.
Uberoi, who has more than 13 years' market experience, will report to Stefan Böttcher, Director of Portfolio Management.
Prior to joining Charlemagne Capital, Uberoi was at BT Funds Management (later Deutsche Asset Management) as portfolio manager and head of global consumer goods covering EAFE and emerging market equities in New York and London. Before joining BT, she was an equity research analyst at Shearson Lehman in Boston, having graduated in Economics at Tufts University in Boston, which included coursework at Fletcher School/Harvard University.
"Sangita is a key addition to our team,' says Julian Mayo, Investment Director. 'She knows the Asian markets very well, has a strong bottom up background and is well suited to our investment process.'
Background note: Charlemagne Capital is an independent fund management group with over USD 3.5 billion under management, solely in emerging markets. The company manages the Irish-domiciled Magna Umbrella Fund plc, with sub funds for Eastern Europe, Latin America, Russia, Turkey, Greater China, India and Global Emerging Markets. Magna Eastern European Fund, the oldest of the Magna range, is the best performing out of 88 funds in its category from the period from 1st January 2001 to 2nd January 2006 according to Standard & Poors. Magna Global Emerging Markets Fund is ranked 22nd out of 219 funds from the same source since launch in July 2003. Charlemagne Capital also manages the OCCO range of long short equity funds.
Want a new job ? then click here to search
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location