Last Atlantis launches Discretionary Options program
Last Atlantis Capital Management has launched The LACM Discretionary Options program within The Last Atlantis Master Fund.
The program is managed by David Rand, a student of Schonfeld Securities' legendary all-time top trader, Dmitry Balyasny.
The LACM Discretionary Options Program is the culmination of Rand's years of research following his departure from Schonfeld. For this program, he has developed numerous strategies utilizing stocks and options that incorporate technical and fundamental information to initiate long, short or combination positions. As market conditions change, Rand may vary strategies to enhance returns.
"David's tutelage, experiences and trading expertise gives him a wealth of data from which to work during his research," notes Irwin Berger, Last Atlantis Capital Management's managing partner. "His Discretionary Options program incorporates that knowledge into a dynamic program structured to match optimized strategies to given market conditions."
Rand joined Schonfeld in 1996, and became Dmitry Balyasny's first clerk at the firm. Among the 100-150 traders at Schonfeld's Chicago office, Rand's performance during 1996-2000 was second only to Balyasny himself. While at Schonfeld, Rand also spearheaded and pioneered the Schonfeld's futures trading program, and became Schonfeld's first proprietary futures trader.
In order to encourage investor confidence in his trading program, Rand is permanently committing a substantial portion of his net worth in his own fund.
Background notes: Last Atlantis Capital Management (St. Thomas, USVI) develops and markets innovative alternative products. The Last Atlantis Master Fund is a multiple share class product with a master feeder structure currently providing investors access to thirteen different share classes. The company is founded on the experience and expertise of managing directors Irwin Berger and Stig Ostgaard, one of the original Richard Dennis "Turtles", and the incubator and trading technology of Last Atlantis Capital, LLC, a professional trading firm.
For more information on trading and execution, please click here
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location