Tendor Option Bond market forecast to reach record USD 200bn in 2006
The Tender Option Bond market will surpass USD 200 billion in 2006 according to Bryan R Williams, Managing Principal of Rockwater Hedge, LLC.
Tender Option Bonds (TOB) are bonds coupled with the option to offer the securities to a bank, broker-dealer or other financial institution at periodic intervals. The TOB structure allows the tax-exempt characteristics of the underlying municipal bond to be passed through to the municipal arbitrage investor and the tax-exempt money fund investor.
According to JP Morgan Securities, TOB trading grew from USD 9 billion in 1996 to as high as USD 150 billion in 2005.
'This expected growth will continue to drive municipal arbitrage investing strategies,' says Williams. 'We are seeing increased investor demand for this strategy because of its tax efficient nature and ability to perform well in a rising interest rate environment.'
Bacground notes: Rockwater Hedge, LLC, is an investment management and advisory firm, offering sophisticated municipal bond investing strategies for high net worth individuals and institutional investors. Bryan Williams, Founder and Managing Principal of Rockwater, developed the Rockwater Arbitrage Muni (RAM) proprietary sub-fund classification system and is a pioneer in the municipal arbitrage trading strategy with 25 years of experience in investment management.
For further information and related articles on Trading & Execution, please click here
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location