Fortune Group backs Sloan's Red Centre Capital
London-based Fortune Group has agreed to partner former Soros veteran Alastair Sloan of Red Centre Capital through its Affiliated Manager Programme.
Red Centre's Global Macro Fund has a strong focus on Asian markets - including Australia, New Zealand and Japan - with the remainder of the portfolio (15%) invested across the G10 countries.
Fortune is a seed investor and has undertaken to introduce Sloan and the Red Centre team to investors in Europe.
Alastair Sloan has 20 years experience in global emerging markets. His career began in 1986 trading interest rate derivatives (e.g. swaps and options) at Macquarie bank. In 1993, he moved to Bankers Trust (Asia) to trade equities, fixed income and foreign exchange across all the Asian countries and emerging markets. He subsequently managed BT's Russian book following the default in 1998 and then, from NY, their Latin America book. When BT was taken over by Deutsche Bank, Alastair was appointed Global Head of EM's at the bank. After departing Deutsche, he launched a global macro hedge fund, Blue Border Partners, which was seeded by Soros with USD 135m.
One of the bigger hedge fund launches at the time, Blue Border's assets rapidly grew to USD 235m. Sloan co-founded Red Centre Capital in September 2004 and launched the Red Centre Macro Fund in January 2005.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location