Carbon Trading Fund launched from PCE Investors platform
London-based investment management platform, PCE Investors Limited (PCE), has added the Carbon Trading Fund Ltd to its platform.
Launched on 8 June 2006, the fund will trade emission certificates on the ETS, CO2 emission derivatives, options and indexes. In addition it will invest in green technology equity and will short polluting industries as their carbon emission cost starts to impact the P&L.
The fund will be socially responsible providing non-correlated absolute returns, investing globally in derivatives and equities relating to Carbon Dioxide emissions, with a targeted annual return of 25% and targeted volatility of 15%.
Carbon Trading Fund Ltd will seek to generate superior returns through the combination of financial market skills combined with academic knowledge of environmental economies. The majority of the fund will be focused on CO2 emission certificate related strategies.
Patric de Gentile Williams, Chief Executive Officer of PCE, said: 'We welcome David Bates and his team to PCE and are delighted that such a high calibre manager has chosen to join us and are particularly pleased to add such a new and exciting strategy to the PCE platform.
We continue to develop our business to address the needs of both hedge fund managers and investors. Established funds can now benefit from the economies of scale that PCE has traditionally offered to start up operations.
The current regulatory and operational environment is becoming ever more demanding for hedge fund managers and our platform allows them to meet and exceed current standards in these areas whilst remaining focused on Alpha generation.
We look forward to announcing a number of exciting new strategies over the next six months.'
David Bates, CEO and Portfolio Manager of Carbon Trading LTD, added: 'My colleagues and I are delighted to have joined the PCE platform. One of the main reasons for deciding to partner with PCE was our need for more flexibility, strong infrastructure and operational economies of scale.'
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location