Eurex trading volume up 19 per cent in August to 107 million contracts
A total of approximately 107 million derivative contracts were traded on Eurex in August, a 19 per cent increase on the previous year.
This brings the total number of contracts traded on Eurex in 2006 to over one billion (1.04 billion), an increase of approximately 26 per cent on the same period in 2005. Average daily trading volume at Eurex currently stands at 6 million contracts.
In August, the equity-based derivatives segment was the most heavily traded segment at Eurex, with 57 million traded contracts. Of these, 35.1 million contracts were based on equity index derivatives and 21.9 million contracts on equity derivatives (equity options and single stock futures). The most heavily traded equity derivative at Eurex in July was the Dow Jones EURO STOXX 50 index future, with approximately 15 million contracts traded. This marks an increase of 40 per cent year-on-year.
A total of 50 million contracts were traded in the fixed-income derivatives segment, an increase of 23 per cent on August 2005 (40.6 million contracts). The Euro-Bund Future remained the most heavily traded contract at Eurex. Approximately 20.8 million contracts were traded in the Euro-Bund Future, and increase of 9 per cent year-on-year. The Euro-Bobl Future was up 17 per cent year-on-year with 11.3 million contracts traded and the Euro-Schatz Future was also up approximately 42 per cent year-on-year with 11.5 million contracts traded.
Approximately EUR 13.5 billion (single counting) was traded in August on the electronic trading platform Eurex Bonds, which rounds out Eurex's fixed-income product range. This represent a decrease of 2 per cent on the previous year (August 2005: EUR 13.8 billion).
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location