Hedgeweek Comment: Silda Spitzer joins the world of hedge funds
Silda Wall Spitzer, wife of disgraced former New York governor Eliot Spitzer, is reported to have stepped into the high-rolling world of hedge funds. According to New York Magazine, Ms Spitzer started working last month at Metropolitan Capital Advisors, a Manhattan hedge fund manager run by Karen Finerman, helping to recruit new investors.
Silda Spitzer began her career with law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, specialising in mergers, acquisitions and corporate finance, before joining Chase Manhattan (now JPMorgan Chase) as a member of its international legal group.
In the meantime, as Eliot Spitzer began his ascent toward becoming New York attorney-general and then governor, his wife's career took a back seat. Leaving Chase in 1994, she turned her focus toward the raising of their three children and her work with non-profit organisations.
But now the tables are turned. The former governor, who was forced to resign after being caught arranging trysts with high-priced call girls while on business trips and has only just been assured he will not face federal criminal charges, is now reported to be considering writing a book.
Some five years ago, Eliot Spitzer was the scourge of Wall Street, pursuing investment banks and their analysts for peddling worthless dot-com shares to gullible investors in the late 1990s. Now he keeps a low profile at home while his wife, now 50, returns to the financial world where his name was once feared and loathed - and where his political demise was celebrated with gusto.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location