Morrison & Foerster elects ten lawyers to partnership
US-based law firm Morrison & Foerster has announced that ten lawyers have been elected to the partnership as of 1 January.
The lawyers elected partner include Thomas M Devaney (photo), James M Halstead and Ivan G Smallwood, who are resident in the New York, London and Tokyo offices respectively.
Devaney specialises in private equity fund formation and investment, representing a variety of domestic and international private equity funds, including real estate funds, venture capital funds, and debt funds, in addition to hedge funds with a broad range of investment strategies.
Halstead specialises in UK-based and cross-border corporate transactions with extensive experience in representing investors and investor syndicates on early and late stage financing arrangements, private companies seeking admission to UK public markets, and companies listed on the UK Official List undergoing public takeovers.
Meanwhile, Smallwood specialises in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, covering a broad range of strategic transactions in the financial, technology, biotech, and pharmaceuticals industries.
'We have elected an exceptional group of lawyers to the partnership. This year's newly elected partners reflect continued investment in our distinguishing practice strengths and our international reach,' says Keith Wetmore, chairman of Morrison & Foerster.
'Our new partners have demonstrated a commitment to client service and legal excellence. We are confident that they will make tremendous contributions to our clients' success and our firm's progress in the years ahead.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund