Gartmore appoints Nigel Davies for AlphaGen EtaCas Fund
Gartmore Investment Management has announced the appointment of Nigel Davies as supporting manager and analyst on the AlphaGen EtaCas Fund, a hedge fund for which Gartmore acts as investment manager.
Davies (pictured) reports to Nigel Kennett, lead manager of the AlphaGen EtaCas Fund.
Davies has amassed over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry with 15 years focused on consumer-related research. He joins from Exista UK, where as director of research he led a UK-based buy-side equity research department for an Icelandic investment company.
Prior to this Davies spent ten years at JP Morgan Securities working as the head of the European beverages research team where he featured highly in the Institutional Investor and Extel rankings in addition to several other key investment surveys.
In his new role, Davies will be extensively involved in generating investment ideas for the AlphaGen EtaCas Fund, with a particular emphasis on global consumer stocks, while providing fund management support.
'The AlphaGen EtaCas Fund has been a strong performer since its launch in 2005, producing a 7.4 per cent net return during last year's extreme economic backdrop, in contrast to the hedge fund industry and major global equity markets,' Kennett says. 'With Nigel's strong analytical skill set and market experience we are confident he will be a valuable addition to the team.'
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location