UBP appoints Sara Sprung chief investment officer
UBP Asset Management, a fund of funds management company of Union Bancaire Privée, has appointed Sara Sprung as chief investment officer of alternative investment.
Sprung was previously a portfolio manager at Fortress Investment Group, and worked as chief risk officer of the liquid markets business of Fortress. This is a newly created position.
"Sara's extensive macro trading and risk management background, and a well-developed world view, is the ideal fit for this newly created role of CIO of alternative investment," says Matthew Stadtmauer, chief executive officer of UBP Asset Management. "This is one of many steps we are taking to reinforce our commitment to alternative investments and proactively position the firm with hands on expertise in trading and risk management, which is clearly of benefit to our clients."
Sprung will determine strategic top down, global asset allocation for the funds and solutions offered by the firm.
UBP Asset Management has also hired Jonathan Morgan as head of research of alternative investment. Morgan, a 16 year veteran of the alternative investments industry, was previously managing director and head of the hedge fund management group for Barclays Global Investors.
"Jon is one of the most seasoned executives in the hedge fund industry with research, portfolio management and trading experience spanning both fund of funds, as well as individual funds," says Stadtmauer.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location