Ounavarra Capital appoints Laurence Siegel as senior adviser
Ounavarra Capital has appointed Laurence B. Siegel as a senior adviser.
Siegel (pictured) will continue as research director of the Research Foundation of CFA Institute.
He was most recently and since 1994, the director of research in the investment division of the Ford Foundation. He was part of a team of six senior professionals managing their USD10bn endowment fund, which is invested in stocks, bonds, real estate, private equity, and hedge funds.
Before that, he was a managing director of Ibbotson Associates, an investment consulting firm that he helped to establish in 1979.
Siegel also chairs the investment committee of the Trust for Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe, and serves on the investment committee of the NAACP Legal Defense Fund.
He is a member of the editorial boards of the Financial Analysts Journal, the Journal of Portfolio Management, and the Journal of Investing, and serves on the board of directors and programme committee of the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance (the Q Group).
His first book, Benchmarks and Investment Management, was published by the CFA Institute in 2003.
Joelle Wyser-Pratte, managing partner and co-founder of Ounavarra Capital, says: “As a senior adviser, Larry will bring a host of complimentary experience, knowledge, and skills to our firm. Larry is renowned for his insightful research and white papers on our industry, which we can now share with our clients. Importantly we have become to know and respect Larry over the years, so having Larry as an advisor in an official capacity is very exciting.”
Ounavarra Capital is an independent broker/dealer. It represents a select number of multi-manager and single manager investment funds, hedge funds, fund of funds, and private equity funds.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location