Burford Capital completes USD130m IPO
Burford Capital, a commercial dispute investor, has completed its initial public offering on the Aim market of the London Stock Exchange.
The company has raised approximately USD130m (GBP80m) through the placing of 80 million shares at an offer price of 100p per share.
It is expected that admission to Aim will become effective, and that unconditional dealings in the ordinary shares on the London Stock Exchange will commence, at 8am on 21 October 2009 under the ticker symbol BUR.
Fox-Pitt Kelton acted as sole bookrunner, nominated adviser and broker to the company. Execution Limited acted as co-lead manager. Latham & Watkins acted as counsel to the company.
Burford will focus on complex commercial litigation in the US and on international arbitration.
Christopher Bogart (pictured), principal of Burford Group, says: “We are delighted by the response of investors to Burford Capital’s IPO, the largest ever worldwide for a litigation finance investor. We are pleased to be announcing the publication of our admission document and we look forward to becoming a listed fund that gives shareholders access to an exciting, uncorrelated and growing asset class.”
Burford Capital’s strategy is to create and manage a diversified portfolio of commercial dispute financing investments with the aim of providing shareholders with attractive levels of dividends and capital growth. The company expects returns to be uncorrelated to general equity market performance. In the short term, the company intends to focus on commercial disputes in the US and on international arbitration matters; in the medium term, it may expand its focus to other attractive and suitable jurisdictions.
Burford is chaired by Sir Peter Middleton, former group chairman and group chief executive of Barclays Bank.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location