FBR Capital Markets expands European institutional brokerage
FBR Capital Markets, an investment bank serving the middle market, has expanded its European institutional brokerage, a unit of its London-based subsidiary Friedman, Billings, Ramsey International.
David Abraham and Blake Hill have joined the firm as director, institutional sales, and Alfredo Mujica and Daniel Tully have joined as director, equity sales and trading.
The additions complement the growth of the firm's European equity research platform.
"We continue to pursue an aggressive, organic growth model for our London-based
European operations," says Timothy H. Burns, president and chief executive of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey International. "The additions to our institutional sales and trading teams announced today are a result of the ongoing expansion of our European equity research platform launched in the second quarter."
With 15 years of buy and sell-side experience, Abraham joins from Merebis Capital, a London-based multi-strategy hedge fund, where he was partner and portfolio manager for event driven strategies. Prior to that, he was partner and investment manager of Titanium Capital's global event driven hedge fund and senior analyst at the long/short fund ZAN Partners.
Hill is a 20-year veteran of the financial services industry and joins from Deutsche Bank where he spent the past 15 years. At Deutsche Bank he was most recently a director within global markets, fundamental equity sales, and earlier served as a director within the firm's private wealth management division.
Mujica joins with nearly 15 years of sales trading experience and was most recently a senior equity sales trader with ABS Partners in London. Prior to that, he was director of cash equity trading and equity sales trading at UBS.
Tully joins from Morgan Stanley International where he was a vice president and equity sales trader within the firm's special situations group.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location