Hedge fund ETF reaches USD1bn in assets under management
In under a year the db x-trackers db Hedge Fund Index ETF has reached more than USD1bn in assets under management.
As of 8 December the fund’s assets are USD1.05bn or EUR715m.
In January 2009 the db Hedge Fund ETF became the world’s first ETF to directly invest in hedge funds via the db Hedge Fund Index.
The db Hedge Fund Index is asset weighted to the hedge fund industry and linked to the range of hedge funds available on Deutsche Bank’s X-markets Hedge Fund Platform.
Stephane Farouze, global head of hedge fund derivatives, Deutsche Bank, says: “The db x-trackers Hedge Fund Index ETF is the first of its kind to provide exposure to the performance of actual hedge funds. It is not a hedge fund replicator. With the introduction of the ETF we have enabled investors to access an important portfolio component in a new way. Underlying the index is a diversified pool of hedge funds from the, transparent, risk-monitored and liquid Deutsche Bank X-markets Hedge Fund platform.”
The db x-trackers db Hedge Fund Index ETF is available in US Dollars, British Pounds, Euro and Swiss Franc share classes and is now listed in the UK, Germany and Switzerland.
It is intended for investors who are looking for a broad and liquid hedge fund investment platform. Deutsche Bank also provides sufficient liquidity across all listed exchanges and enables OTC trading supporting large order sizes. It is also possible to trade daily at NAV.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location