MFA forms alliance with Connecticut Hedge Fund Association
The Managed Funds Association has formed an alliance with the Connecticut Hedge Fund Association, a regional hedge fund association representing 150 member firms with operations in Connecticut.
The new relationship allows MFA to broaden its educational efforts and continue unifying the industry voice in a region with a high concentration of hedge funds.
CTHFA will gain an understanding of industry positions and issues through its connection to MFA.
“We are pleased to begin an alliance with the Connecticut Hedge Fund Association,” says Richard H. Baker (pictured), MFA president and chief executive. “With a large number of major hedge fund advisers headquartered in Connecticut, we look forward to sharing ideas and collaborating on key initiatives, including restoring investor confidence and fostering high standards of professional conduct and client services.”
Bruce McGuire, CTHFA president, adds: “Connecticut is home to the second largest concentration of hedge fund firms in the US, as well as large endowment funds such as the Yale University Endowment. It is essential for the hedge fund industry to meet at both the regional and national levels to discuss and analyse the substantive issues that are impacting the markets and our investors. We are pleased to affiliate with MFA and look forward to aligning our initiatives and being a part of the unified industry voice.”
CTHFA has invited Brooke Harlow, executive vice president of MFA to join its board of directors.
MFA previously announced that it was seeking to form alliances with regional hedge fund associations, and the Mid Atlantic Hedge Fund Association was the first group to affiliate at the national level in October 2009.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location