BNY Mellon Clearing becomes member of IDCG’s Clearinghouse
BNY Mellon Clearing will become a clearing member of the International Derivatives Clearinghouse, a derivatives clearing organisation regulated by the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
With this membership, BNY Mellon Clearing will be able to offer its clients central counterparty clearing of interest rate derivatives, which are an important financial risk management tool for corporations, investors, and municipalities.
BNY Mellon clients and their market makers will be able to continue to execute interest rate derivatives in the well-established OTC market.
With this new membership, clients will also be able to benefit from counterparty credit risk mitigation, special bankruptcy provisions related to margining, and transparent portfolio valuation offered by the International Derivatives Clearing Group through its clearinghouse.
“With the rapid changes occurring in the clearing and settlement process for derivatives, our clients want a capable, stable partner that has membership in clearing organisations like IDCG to support their growing and evolving trading needs,” says Sanjay Kannambadi, chief executive of BNY Mellon Clearing.
Garry N. O’Connor, chief executive of IDCG, adds: “IDCG is pleased to welcome BNY Mellon Clearing onto our platform. The ascension of clearing members from the banking community is an important step forward for IDCG, and demonstrates the market’s broader movement towards our clearing solution.”
IDCG is an independently operated, majority owned subsidiary of The Nasdaq OMX Group.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location