NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV up down 7.6 per cent in February
NYSE Euronext has announced global derivatives average daily volume (ADV) of 8.8 million contracts in February 2013, an increase of 24.7 per cent compared to February 2012, but a decrease of 7.6 per cent month-over-month.
This increase was primarily driven by stronger European derivatives volume, specifically fixed income derivatives ADV which increased 71 per cent year-over-year.
European derivatives products ADV in February 2013 totalled 4.4 million contract, an increased of 54.4 per cent compared to February 2012, but a decrease of 10.0 per cent from January 2013 levels. Excluding Bclear, NYSE Liffe's trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives products ADV increased 45.7 per cent compared to February 2012, but decreased by 5.2 per cent from January 2013.
US equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex) ADV of 4.3 million contracts in February 2013, increased 5.7 per cent compared to February 2012 levels but decreased by 5.2 per cent from January 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s US options exchanges accounted for 28.2 per cent of total US consolidated equity options trading in February 2013.
NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.5 million transactions in February 2013, decreased 9.8 per cent compared to February 2012, but increased 12.8 per cent compared to January 2013.
NYSE Euronext US cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.6 billion shares in February 2013, decreased 11.9 per cent compared to February 2012 but increased 0.6 per cent compared to January 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in February 2013 was 29.4 per cent, down from 30.0 per cent in February 2012 and down from 29.7 per cent in January 2013.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location