Agecroft Partners hires public pension fund marketing head
Agecroft Partners, a hedge fund consulting and third party marketing firm, has hired public fund marketing veteran Bill Barnes as a managing director, head of public pension fund marketing.
Barnes brings over 20 years of institutional experience marketing to pension funds in the US.
His experience includes senior marketing roles at Schroders, AXA Rosenberg and Neuberger Berman.
During his career Barnes has developed an in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of investments strategies. Barnes’ responsibilities will include assisting with due diligence on potential managers the firm may represent, and managing the firms US public pension fund strategy.
Public pension funds have been steadily increasing their exposure to hedge funds in order to increase the expected return of their portfolio, meet their actuarial return assumptions and reduce their unfunded liability. This trend is expected to continue as long as interest rates remain near historic lows. Agecroft Partners’ objective is to provide value in multiple ways to large institutional investors. This includes sharing advice regarding hedge fund asset allocation, manager selection, hedge fund industry trends, industry survey results and being the liaison between investors and the select hedge funds that have made it through their due diligence process.
“Bill is a wonderful addition to our firm. Our business model is to introduce top quality hedge funds in a consultative manner to large institutional investors. It is imperative that the members of our firm are highly technically competent. In addition, Bill has a reputation of having high integrity and strong ethical standards which are vital characteristics to build the long term reputation of our firm,” says Agecroft Partners’ managing partner Don Steinbrugge (pictured).
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location