Fri, 05/04/2013 - 12:00
CBOE Futures Exchange plans to expand CBOE Volatility Index (VIX index) futures trading hours – currently 7:00 am CT to 3:15 pm CT – in two phases, beginning in May.
The first phase of expanded trading hours is designed to meet demand from US customers for a post-settlement trading period. The second phase will allow European-based customers to trade VIX futures during their local trading hours.
Phase one – Beginning 30 May 2013
• Current VIX futures trading hours will expand by 45 minutes.
• Fifteen minutes after the 3:15 p.m. CT close of VIX futures, the market will reopen for a new trading session from 3:30 p.m. CT to 4:15 p.m. CT. Trading will then resume at 7:00 a.m. CT the following morning.
• The new 45-minute period, which marks the beginning of a new trading day, will be available from Monday through Thursday.
Phase two – Beginning 17 June 2013
• VIX futures trading hours will expand by an additional five hours, with trading starting at 2:00 a.m. CT (8:00 a.m. London time), Monday through Friday.
• As in Phase one, the 3:30 p.m. CT - 4:15 p.m. CT trading period will be available Monday through Thursday only.
No trading is scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
The changes are subject to regulatory review.
Tue 09/02/2016 - 09:44
Mon 01/02/2016 - 16:20
Thu 07/01/2016 - 09:28
Tue 05/01/2016 - 17:12
Wed 10/02/2016 - 16:36
Wed 10/02/2016 - 10:09
Wed 10/02/2016 - 10:01
Tue 09/02/2016 - 16:25
Fri, 12/Feb/2016 - 09:46
Fri, 12/Feb/2016 - 09:31
Fri, 12/Feb/2016 - 09:28
Fri, 12/Feb/2016 - 09:27
Fri, 12/Feb/2016 - 09:26
Fri, 12/Feb/2016 - 09:22