LendInvest completes first block trade of loans for GBP1.3m
Peer-to-peer mortgage trading platform LendInvest has completed its first block trade of loans.
The block of five bridging loans were purchased by a hedge fund that is looking to gain exposure to the UK mortgage market.
LendInvest, which was formally launched only last month, has now completed a number of crowdfunded mortgage loan transactions. It is the first peer-to-peer mortgage platform in the UK that is live, and has a track record of completed transactions.
The total amount now funded through the LendInvest platform is almost GBP5m, which makes it the fastest growing crowdfunding platform in the market.
Managing director David Serafini says: "This is a very exciting development for the LendInvest platform. It proves that our proposition is a very attractive one for sophisticated and high net worth investors, family offices and hedge funds.
“Sophisticated investors appreciate the vast underwriting experience and track record that the LendInvest team bring to the market, through its association with Montello. It becomes a very attractive investment for investors that are trying to gain exposure to this asset class, but don't want to set up the infrastructure and buy-in the team to be a mortgage lender. "
Co-founder Christian Faes says: "LendInvest is seeing a lot of interest from investors and their advisers and IFAs, that are looking to gain superior risk adjusted returns. There is a common theme that 'the banks aren't lending', and this allows a way for investors to gain exposure to an investment that is providing a very decent return, plays off this theme and is secured against property."
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location