ConvergEx Group makes two senior hires for global portfolio and ETF execution
ConvergEx Group, a provider of global brokerage and trading-related services, has appointed Oliver Bailly as a senior vice president and head of its ETF desk.
Miguel Ruiz has joined the firm as a senior vice president on its global portfolio desk.
Based in New York, Bailly and Ruiz will report to James Bossert and Sean Wagner, co-heads of ConvergEx's global portfolio and ETF execution business.
"Oliver and Miguel are highly respected professionals and bring a wealth of ETF and portfolio expertise to ConvergEx Group," says Craig Lax (pictured), ConvergEx Group executive managing director and head of global execution. "We are thrilled to add them to our team, where their knowledge and experience will greatly benefit our clients."
Bailly comes to ConvergEx from Citigroup, where he was a director and head of the firm's ETF create/redeem trading desk. He also covered institutional clients on Citi's programme desk. Prior to that, Bailly spent eight years at Bank of America Merrill Lynch with primary responsibility for ETF creation/redemption as part of the non-dollar portfolio Sales group. He also had responsibility for international portfolio sales.
Ruiz was previously with XP Securities whose parent company, XP Investimentos, is the largest independent broker in Brazil. Prior to that, Ruiz worked for Merrill Lynch, both in New York and Mexico City. After returning to New York, he was a vice president in non-dollar equities. Ruiz was also a director in the non-dollar portfolio group of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, where he spent ten years in the Latin America ADR portfolio trading/sales trading group.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location