Digital Assets Report

Newsletter

Like this article?

Sign up to our free newsletter

Avantua plans hedge fund launch as China sentiment improves

Related Topics

An improvement in global investor sentiment towards China and Hong Kong has prompted Avantua Group, the family office created by a member of Hong Kong’s third-richest family, to launch its first hedge fund, according to a report by the South China Morning Post.

The report cites managing director Xu Has as revealing that the firm is targeting $50 million for the new long-short fund with 80 per cent coming from outside investors and the remaining 20 per cent from Avantua.

The firm, which was founded in 2019 by Adrian Cheng Chi-kong of New World Development and currently manages $2 billion in assets, is aiming to complete the fundraising by September.

Like this article? Sign up to our free newsletter

Most Popular

Further Reading

Featured