Guernsey to showcase fund services in London
Guernsey is to stage its inaugural funds sector conference at London's purpose-built Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in September this year.
The Guernsey Investment Fund Association has chosen Wednesday 27 September 2006 for the one-day gathering that will showcase Guernsey's versatility as a world-class centre for fund services.
GIFA Vice-Chairman, Mike de Haaff said: 'Innovations across all sectors of the Island's finance industry over recent years have kept Guernsey ahead of the game in a fiercely competitive global market. The fact that we are in the Premier League, both in fund services, and as an international finance centre, is something we intend to demonstrate to current and future decision makers who will be with us in London'.
He added: 'The Guernsey fund sector grew to record levels last year, and is set to pass the £100bn mark. We believe we have a lot to be proud of and much to offer to investors. That's what we'll be getting across at the QE II Centre, which offers the finest facilities in the ideal location.'
The conference is sponsored by GuernseyFinance. Its Chief Executive Peter Niven said: 'Guernsey is already well established as the jurisdiction of choice for offshore fund business and this conference will provide the opportunity to maintain that high visibility while, at the same time, allowing local fund managers, legal and financial advisors, intermediaries and brokers to demonstrate Guernsey's distinctive benefits to new promoters.'
One of those benefits is the Qualifying Investor Fund regime that has added to the island's attractiveness for business from all over the world.
The conference, organised on GIFA's behalf by CMA Public Relations and Event Management, will include world-class speakers, break out sessions dealing with technical issues, an exhibition and an early evening cocktail reception, providing an additional networking opportunity in a social environment. The delegate fee has been set at GBP 300 + VAT with special offers for early bookings.
Click here for the latest report on Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location