Aima appoints director of communications
Hedge fund industry body the Alternative Investment Management Association has appointed Christen Thomson as director of communications.
Thomson was most recently responsible for co-ordinating global PR for international real estate services provider Colliers Macaulay Nichols.
Earlier Thomson worked for the BBC in international and UK news as a reporter, editor and producer for 12 years, joining Radio 5 Live in 1995, and going on to work for Home Newsgathering as a duty news editor and then BBC World and News 24 as a senior producer and reporter.
Replacing Emma Mugridge who left the association in December after nearly 13 years, Thomson will work directly with the association's chief executive, executive director, chairman and council in communication with members, policymakers, regulatory and tax authorities, institutional investors, trade associations and the media.
'We have secured a senior, expert communicator who has demonstrated the skills needed to build further the infrastructure and messages we will deliver to our stakeholders,' says Aima chief executive Andrew Baker.
'This appointment represents a further demonstration of Aima's commitment to scale up its policy, regulatory and communications resources. Aima and its members are stating clear their assertion that hedge funds are an invaluable part of the financial system, that their benefits are positive and meaningful, and that they stand ready to participate in the revision and improvement of the world's market regulation.'
Aima has 1,280 corporate members in 47 countries including hedge fund managers, fund of hedge funds managers, prime brokers, providers of legal and accounting services and fund administrators.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
- Conference reports
Latest Special Report
- By Location
- How to set up a hedge fund