CBOE Holdings net income totals USD41m in Q3
CBOE Holdings has reported third quarter 2013 net income allocated to common stockholders of USD41.0m, or USD0.47 per diluted share, compared with USD45.2m, or USD0.52 per diluted share, in Q3 2012.
On an adjusted basis, net income allocated to common stockholders was USD41.0m, or USD0.47 per diluted share, compared with USD37.7m, or USD0.43 per diluted share, in the same period last year. Operating revenue for the quarter was USD136.7m, up seven per cent compared with USD128.3m in the third quarter of 2012.
Financial results presented on an adjusted basis for the third quarter of 2012 exclude the recognition of a tax benefit relating to prior years of USD7.7m, or USD0.09 per diluted share.
"CBOE Holdings delivered a strong third quarter, primarily driven by trading volume increases in our SPX options complex and VIX Index options and futures. CBOE's average daily options volume for the quarter rose five percent over a year ago despite flat trading volume for the US options industry as a whole," says Edward T Tilly, CBOE Holdings chief executive officer. "We continue to see exciting growth opportunities for our company as we add new services and products that create value for both our customers and stockholders, such as our recently announced plans to launch options and futures on the new CBOE Short-term Volatility Index (VXST)."
"Our solid financial results this quarter reflect our operational discipline and focus on investing for future growth," says Alan J Dean, CBOE Holdings executive vice president and chief financial officer. "Year-to-date, we have returned over USD62m to stockholders through dividends and share repurchases. Our ability to return capital to our stockholders reflects the confidence we have in our business, its opportunities for growth and its ability to generate meaningful free cash flow."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location