Middle East Report


Like this article?

Sign up to our free newsletter

Quantumrock’s AI-driven strategy fund up by 1.83 per cent in August

Related Topics

Up +39.53 per cent year to date and by +1.83 per cent for the month.Quantumrock, the Munich-based AI investment technology firm, has reported another month of strong performance for its flagship strategy Volatility Special Opportunities Program (VSOP), which gained 1.83 per cent In August and is now up 39.53 per cent YTD.

Michael Zeller, CIO, says: “August marked the end of the second-quarter of US stock market earnings season, which surprised on the upside relative to weak expectations .Even though earnings per share were down 33 per cent year-on-year, 84 per cent of companies beat analyst expectations and a large number of firms also revised their guidance higher for the coming quarters. Unsurprisingly, the healthcare and information technology sectors were particularly strong while the energy sector’s earnings were the hardest hit. The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ rallied +7.2 per cent and +9.7 per cent respectively over the month.
?While VSOPs overlay portfolio lost performance trading long volatility, it gained positive results on long treasury strategies. Overall, the overlay strategies gained +0.1 per cent, while the balanced component moved with the market and contributed +1.73 per cent, resulting in an overall performance in August of +1.83 per cent.”

Like this article? Sign up to our free newsletter

Most Popular

Further Reading


Man Group

Talk to Us

What would you like to talk with us about? *